Quooks is one of the best accounting software that is considered universal software for small businesses in the US. It has gained a lot of popularity in the world; however, some users might not want to use it for multiple reasons. Many users are disappointed after the current QuickBooks subscription requirements and looking for other options.
That’s why we have brought this exciting topic about the best QuickBooks alternatives you can use for your small businesses. Please read our complete article to know about such software that can support your business without a heavy subscription fee.
Top 10 Best QuickBooks Alternatives in 2021
Our experts have compiled a list of the best QuickBooks alternatives that you can use right now. Let’s have a look at the list given below.
At the top of our list is Xero, that is a remarkable tool to support the small business and provides all the features to QuickBooks. You can use this accounting software that is much cheaper as compared to QuickBooks. If you dont want to use QuickBooks due to its price and a limited number of users, then you must pay attention to Xero.
- Every plan includes unlimited users
- Similar features to QuickBooks Online
- Great inventory accounting
- Not straightforward to use than QuickBooks Online
- Doesn’t include any phone number to call for customer support
- Receipt recovery demands the most expensive plan
FreshBooks is amongst the best bookkeeping systems that put a lot of focus on invoices looks. Using FreshBooks, you can track hours and expenses and automatically add them to invoices similar to QuickBooks. This app is a great choice for eCommerce businesses with integrations for Squarespace, Shopify, eBay, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and more. If you are a newcomer, it gives you a choice between a month free trial and 50% off for three months.
- Great customer support is available by telephone
- It can track time and expenses and add them to great-looking invoices
- Combines with many eCommerce platforms
- Particularly one user included with each plan
- Have not the ability to track unpaid bills
- Plans restrict the number of clients you can bill
3. Zoho Books
Zoho Books is another name on this list that integrates with other Zoho’sapp to provide you a complete solution to your needs. It is specially designed for freelancers and tarts at just $9 per month, and you can also use its trial version for two weeks.
- Provides call customer support immediately
- Comprehensive features at an affordable price
- Offers an expandable suite of products as your company grows
- Policies limit the number of customers and vendors
- File management needs the most expensive plan
- Cannot prepare a sales tax return
4. Sage 50Cloud
Sage 50Cloud is a perfect replacement for QuickBooks software for users who want to keep the books for various companies. Although you can use a single QuickBooks Desktop license for multiple companies, QuickBooks Online demands separate subscriptions, which you cant afford easily. What makes it different is it supports multiple companies and combines the companies into a single entity to prepare consolidated financial statements.
- Combine unlimited companies for one price
- Client service by telephone
- Record hours and expenses to consign to customer invoices
- No cloud-based software
- Online payments lack a third-party integration
- Further difficult to practice than QuickBooks Online
Quicken is one of the best QuickBooks alternatives that you can download to support your small companies. It is large-scale bookkeeping software and doesn’t provide unwanted features; it is simple and focuses on your income and expenses. You can also use this tool to track your personal finances, including your retirement accounts which makes it best.
- Offers email custom invoices and collect payments online
- Maintain personal finances in expanding to rental property
- Needs installation on your computer
- Not suitable for rental properties held through corporations or partnerships
Wave is straightforward accounting software that is perfect for users who dont want to spend a penny on bookkeeping tools. It is completely free for an unlimited number of users but doesn’t provide as many features as QuickBooks.
- It is a free cloud-based software
- More comfortable to use than QuickBooks Online
- You can find a telephone number for customer support
- Doesn’t offer a comprehensive mobile app
Sage Business Cloud Accounting is based on the cloud and provides all the features you want to keep your books easily. Even beginners can use this tool that allows you to perform basic bookkeeping tasks without hassling around. You can use its free trial for a while and buy subscriptions at just $10 per month.
- Excellent mobile app
- Countless users, transactions, merchants, and customers
- Secure online payments without a third-party integration
- Not integrated payroll
- Doesn’t provide any customer service by telephone
- It cannot add time and expenses automatically to customer statements
Buildium might not be as popular as other names on this list but comes with standard bookkeeping features. You can manage your tenants using tenant screening, electronic leases, and a resident portal where residents can pay their rent with ease.
- Extensive customer support
- Follow work orders and convert them to bills
- Record profit & loss by property
- Requires some time-saving accounting features like receipt capture and mileage tracking.
- Not integrated payroll
Sage 100 Contractor might be lower on our list, but it is a bookkeeping tool specially developed for contractors. Using this tool, contractors can perform bookkeeping and control the profitability of jobs in real-time without any hassle.
- Includes enterprise resource planning (ERP) software to manage your business
- Allocate income and expenses to jobs to monitor profitability
- Accounting, budgeting, purchasing, job costing, and payroll are all combined into one system
- Requires entire team to be dedicated to learning and using the software
- Not upfront pricing
EasyFarm is the last name in the list of best QuickBooks alternatives that are a decent tool for farmers and ranchers. It arrives with input screens that use natural farm terminology rather than accounting terms. However, you can pay time one-time fee of $509 to buy the EasyFarm desktop variant.
- Intended to be used by farmers, not bookkeepers
- Great bookkeeping features are consolidated with crop and livestock management
- Provides printed reference materials and a training manual
- It cannot track unpaid bills
- More complex to administer your information with your tax preparer at year-end.
We have created a list of the best QuickBooks alternatives based on our research. You can choose any option that suits your business, dont forget to send us suggestions and feedback. Goodbye!