Putting data in the cloud means putting it somewhere far away that can be accessed from any device. In terms of backing up and protecting data, cloud storage will make things faster and easier. Many good things come from it, and companies only pay for the needed storage space.
Businesses can spend less on the device’s memory. The advent of cloud storage has facilitated seamless collaboration and enhanced the efficiency of sharing and teamwork. Reviews.com says that 53% of people who use cloud storage do so to share files.
Businesses no longer use local hard drives for storage but instead use the cloud. Several cloud storage services exclusively cater to companies, limiting access to individual users. This is because some of their features can be hard for people to understand, and those features will only help people a little.
Features like managing tasks and other things are made just for businesses.
Many cloud storage companies have a free plan for people who only need a little from their service. Cloud storage providers protect business users’ info in a lot of ways.
All cloud storage providers are the same at first glance if we compare them. Because of this, most of them look at the prices of the different companies to decide which one to go with. When looking for a cloud storage service, you should look for ones that let you work together, are easy to use, and offer security.
It’s also essential to think about the help that these providers offer. When you choose a cloud storage service, think about what device you will be using, such as Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, or a mix of these. Google Drive is for Android, and iCloud is for Apple. Both are big tech companies that offer cloud storage.
This will help you save money because the licensing costs are lower if you choose a SaaS service. If the service doesn’t offer end-to-end encryption, you can secure your files first and then send them to the cloud to make it safer.
Most Popular Cloud Storage Providers
Favourite because it is simple to use and safe.
Sync lets you store files in the cloud securely. You can send or share any file with anyone. It has good features for working together. Anywhere you are, you’ll be able to get to your files. Everything you use is in sync with the info. Its cutting-edge privacy features and business-level technology will keep your information safe.
- It protects your data with a 365-day background, advanced share control, limiting downloads, password-protected sharing, and more.
- Some features that make it useful for work are file requests, document previews, auto-camera sharing, offline access, and more.
- It has essential features, like endless file transfers, sharing and working together, backing up and syncing in real-time, and access from anywhere.
- There is no third-party tracking, end-to-end encryption, HIPAA compliance, GDPR compliance, and PIPEDA compliance. All of these things protect your privacy.
Cons: I don’t see any such cons to list.
OS platforms: Web, Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Windows.
Price: Sync has three price plans for teams: Enterprise (Get a quote), Team Standard ($5 per user per month), and Team Unlimited ($15 per user per month). All of these prices are for paying once a year. Sync.com also has plans for people that start at $8 per month. It gives away the free starter plan, which has only the most basic features. It’s always free.
Best for privacy and safety in general.
The open-source cloud storage service Internxt is fully protected to keep your data safe and out of the hands of hackers and people who want to steal data. A cloud option that is much more current, moral, and safe than Big Tech’s data-hungry services.
All files saved and shared in the cloud are protected across Internxt’s huge, decentralised network. This makes them very safe and private. With Internxt, neither you nor anyone else will ever be able to see your info.
- Nobody else should be able to get to your information and data.
- The AES-256 encryption protocol encrypts all data sent, saved, and shared from beginning to end.
- Internxt’s services are open source and can be checked on GitHub.
- All plans, even the free one, come with all features turned on and give you access to all of Internxt’s services, such as Drive, Photos, and Send.
- Users can set limits on how many times things can be shared with generated sharing links.
Cons: To get all 10GB of free space, you must finish tutorial jobs.
OS Platforms: Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and web.
Price: Internxt’s plans are very cheap, and anyone can get a free 10GB plan. Plans for individuals start at just $1.15 a month for 20GB. They offer two different plans, the cheapest being 200GB for $5.15 a month and the most potent 2TB for just $11.50 a month. You can also get annual and business plans.
It’s good for keeping big files.
pCloud will let you store your files and get to them from any device. With pCloud, it will be easier to share files and work together on them. This site also lets you secure and hide private files.
- It offers TLS/SSL encryption to keep info safe.
- You can control your files with pCloud from the web, computer, or phone.
- It gives you a lot of ways to share files.
- It keeps different copies of the files for a certain amount of time.
- You can save copies of your pictures on sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Picasa.
Cons: This has to do with speed limits.
OS Platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, and Android are all supported.
Price: pCloud gives you 10GB of free space to store things. It has plans for both a year and a lifetime. A year plan costs $3.99 monthly for 500 GB of storage and $7.99 for 2TB.
For the Lifetime plans, the 500GB storage costs $175, and the 2TB storage costs $359. You can also try it for free.
#4) Perfect Backup
Perfect for accurate restoration.
Perfect Backup is a backup tool that you can get for free and use right away. It can even do the whole thing for you. For the most part, the tool can back up all of your files and info. Along with other types of storage, like external drives, FTP sites, and cloud storage, it lets you keep these backups up to date.
- Backing up a drive image
- Backup in Small Steps
- Backup Mirror
- Backup Differential
Cons: Sometimes, the speed of the Backup could be faster.
Verdict: The bottom line is that Perfect Backup can back up your files safely in the cloud. It’s on my list because it can be automated and restore everything.
Price: You can get Perfect Backup for free. It has deals that start at $39 for a single computer license. A license for three computers costs $87, and a license for five computers costs $136. It costs $253 for a license that works on ten computers.
Website: Perfect Backup
The best cloud storage service for both personal and business use.
Livedrive is a way to store files in the cloud and back them up online. You can back up as many things as you want. Personal Backup, business backup, and resale backup are all things that it can do.
It will back up your files immediately. It has places to store info in the UK. Its data centres are watched 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The people who watch over LiveDrive’s data centre are certified by ISO 27001 and have three levels of physical access protection.
- Livedrive has a tool called “Briefcase” that lets you see or change files on any computer, phone, or tablet.
- That’s why it uses the best encryption possible to send your files to data centers in the UK.
- Since it allows two-factor authentication, you will need permission to get in.
- It gives businesses a safe way to view work files from anywhere.
- Team files will make it easier for your team to work together and from home.
Cons: Windows phones and RT tablets can’t back their data to a mobile device.
OS Platforms: Supported platforms include Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Windows.
Price: For 14 days, you may test it out for free. Business Express and Business Standard are its two business pricing options. It also wants to make personal items.
This is the best cloud storage for people who want next-level security protection.
IceDrive combines the best of both worlds. It’s easy to use, and your files are completely safe.
The cutting-edge desktop software lets you access and handle your cloud storage like a physical drive in your operating system. It does this by giving you all the features you’re used to from your regular drives, like opening, uploading, editing, and more, but at an unmatched speed.
You can also use the strong TwoFish algorithm to protect files on the client side if you want to keep them safe or secret.
- The user design is modern and easy to use.
- Twofish encryption on the client side.
- Rapid assistance.
- Great apps for Android and iOS phones, as well as the option to mount drives on a Windows desktop.
- Versioning of stored files.
- There are several ways to share files.
OS Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
Price: Icedrive has many plans that can be used to meet your needs.
- 10GB of free space to store things
- Monthly plans: Lite costs $1.67 monthly and gives you 150 GB of space. Pro costs $4.17 a month for 1TB of space. Pro+, which costs $15 a month and has 5TB of space.
- Annual plans: Lite ($19.99 a year for 150 GB of storage) is a yearly plan. Pro costs $49.99 a year for 1TB of storage. Pro+ costs $179.99 a year for 5TB of storage.
- Lifetime plans: Lite, which costs £49 and gives you 150GB of storage space. For £119, you can get 1TB of storage with Pro. Pro+, which costs £399 for 5TB of storage.
#7) AOMEI CBackup
It’s best for backing up things automatically.
AOMEI CBackup gives you a free cloud backup tool that you can use to save your files and photos in the cloud. You can back up as much info as you want in the cloud, and you don’t have to pay extra for extra space.
The system gives you backup and synchronization benefits to keep your data safe if you lose it. There will be no need to share and download files by hand between different cloud storage and accounts.
- Use more than one device to access files
- Change limited space to cloud space with no limits
- AES encryption with 256 bits
- Support for offline Backup
- Simple and right-away recovery
Cons: Some parts could be made better.
OS: Hosted on the Cloud
Price: AOMEI CBackup has a flexible price system. The Forever Free plan lets you send and receive 1 GB of monthly data. A Standard plan that handles 100 GB of data monthly costs $19.94 annually. It costs $29.94 a year for the essentials plan to handle 2TB of internet traffic every month. It costs $89.94 a year for the premium endless plan.
Website: AOMEI CBackup
It is best when it comes to protection and encryption.
PolarBackup is a full backup service for the cloud that will keep your files safe. It backs up drives on your computer, in the cloud, and on your network. You can keep things for a long time. Versioning of files is possible. The tool can back up your data automatically.
The platform has a lot of valuable tools and will make work easier. It’s based on cutting-edge technology from AWS. PolarBackup is a platform that makes it easy to organize, find, preview, and control files. It is in line with data laws and GDPR.
- Through AWS technology, PolarBackup offers the most stable and consistent cloud storage.
- It makes duplication and redundancy work well, and your info will always be available when needed.
- It will only take one click to get back all of your info.
- It protects you from Ransomware and gives you military-grade security with 256-bit AES encryption. You can set your encryption password.
- It’s not possible to try PolarBackup for free.
- It doesn’t work with Linux systems.
OS Platforms: Windows and Mac.
Price: You can get your money back from PolarBackup within 30 days. You can pay for it all at once or in installments over time. There are three plans: 1TB for $39.99 a year, 2TB for $59.99 a year, and 5TB for $99.99 a year.
#9) Zoolz BigMIND
The best for internet file sharing and storage in the cloud.
BigMIND is a computer service that does everything. It’s a safe, adaptable, and intelligent system that can do many things, such as automatic saving, managing users, mobile apps, real-time searching, moving data, and more. The cloud option can be used in many fields, such as law, healthcare, accounting, education, and more.
- BigMIND has 6 data centers around the world.
- It’s simple to use and can find things like a search engine.
- It has intelligent filters and can look at any picture you share. For better organization, you can add your data tags.
- The company BigMIND guarantees a 9% uptime.
- It has been around for 15 years and has millions of users worldwide.
Cons: According to reviews, it sends many reminders when the trial time ends.
OS platforms: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android.
Price: You may try it for free for 14 days. Thirty days to get your money back:
- Plan Starter costs $15 a month.
- Plan Standard costs $20 a month.
- Plan Premium costs $37.5 a month.
- Plan Smart Archive costs $40 a month.
Website: Zoolz BigMIND
Best for giving small businesses protection and safety features.
IBackup offers a cloud backup service for businesses. It works with different kinds of backups, such as backups of open files, system states, and backups of computers and databases that are still running. MS SQL Server, MS Exchange Server, Hyper-V, MS SharePoint Server, and Oracle Server are all computers that can be used.
- Backing up is scheduled automatically.
- With IBackup’s central console, you can watch all the accounts made using your storage space.
- After the first full Backup, it allows incremental Backup.
- It lets you back up as many devices as you want to a single account.
- Versioning is possible.
OS Platforms: Windows, Mac, & Linux, iOS, Android
Price: IBackup’s plans start at $9.95 monthly for 10GB of space. 20GB costs $19.95 a month, 50GB costs $49.95 a month, 100GB costs $99.95 a month, and 200GB costs $199.95.
That’s all there is to say about cloud storage companies. Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, Box, IDrive, iCloud, and pCloud all offer free storage space.
Google Drive offers the biggest free storage—15GB—while Dropbox only offers 2GB. SpiderOak’s price plans are reasonable, while Amazon S3s are hard to understand.
People in teams, as well as workers, can use Tresorit. In the same way, OpenDrive can be used for both work and personal purposes. This is all about cloud storage and the companies that offer it.