If you are currently operating Windows 11, you might know about S mode. It is simply introduced to increase security and performance while delivering you the same windows experience. In Windows 11 S mode, you cant install third-party software on your machine. Instead, you need to use solely the Microsoft app store for security considerations.
These days, cyberattacks are increasing, thus S mode is a helpful feature for consumers, but it does not mean that everyone likes it. For example, those who use windows 11 for everyday work didn’t enjoy S mode because they couldn’t access other applications they needed.
What is S Mode?
S mode is essential for security considerations in windows 11. In Activated S mode, you can’t install the third-party program, and you can only access the Microsoft app store to download the software.
No doubt Microsoft has dozens of apps and for any purpose. But sometimes, people who are skilled with previous third-party tools encounter trouble using new tools that are exclusively available on the app store.
S Mode can add an extra security layer to your windows system to protect you from third-party software. It can also increase your windows performance because there is no third-party process running on your PC. So it is apparent that Microsoft optimizes windows 11 for its apps.
- Tap on settings and select Privacy & Security > Activation from the drop-down menu.
- You will now see a button that says “Go to Store.”
- Simply click on it.
- It will redirect you to the Microsoft store page and take you to the Switch out of S mode page.
- Tap on Get Button to disable S mode in Windows 11 and 10.
- Follow the on-screen instructions after clicking the Install button.
- You can now install third-party programs and software on your Windows 11 machine after acceptance.
Turn Off S Mode by Resetting Microsoft Store
- Tap on the start button and launch windows settings. Users can also do it by pressing the Windows+I key.
- Proceed to Apps > Apps & Features.
- Scroll down, and you will find Microsoft Store in the established apps on your computer.
- Tap on the advanced option and click the Reset button under the Reset section.
In Windows 11, turning off S mode is a one-way operation. There isn’t a way to activate S Mode. In the Windows operating system, there is no choice or means to enable S mode. It will be permanently turned off after you turn it off now. If you’re using your computer with family or children, we recommend using Windows in S mode. On the other hand, it improves your performance as well.
We have discussed a simple method to turn off S mode on Windows 11 with screenshots to guide our users. You can apply this method to get rid of S mode whenever you want. You can send us your suggestions and queries. Until the next time. Goodbye!