A data recovery program is a piece of software designed to retrieve deleted data from a computer or external storage device. It can be used to restore data that was accidentally deleted or lost as a result of a virus or hard drive failure.
This program searches the media in question for the missing data. Audio, video, contacts, emails, and other document kinds are all recoverable.
How Does Data Recovery Work?
When you remove a file, it goes to the recycling bin. The file remains after being relocated to the trash can and deleted. When a file is erased, its location in the file system is no longer visible. This file’s allotted space will be flagged so that it can be reallocated to another one if necessary.
Best Data Recovery Software Solutions
#1) Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery
It’s best for protecting your info and getting it back quickly.
You can get back lost data on both Windows and Mac computers with Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery. It can get back data that has been lost in a number of ways, including formatting and deleting. It scans fast and gives you a free preview.
The 4DDiG Windows Data Recovery tool can get back data from a Windows OS that won’t start up or has crashed. It can get back different kinds of files, like pictures and videos. It can get back things that you thought were lost forever.
The 4DDiG Mac, Data Recovery tool can get back all of your lost data safely and completely. With Tenorshare 4DDiG, it only takes three clicks to get back lost files.
It’s simple to use. It can quickly get back data lost due to things like emptying the trash, deleting something by accident, a system crash, a failed update, disc corruption, partition loss, CPU failure, a broken screen, a virus attack, disc formatting, and more.
- Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery uses unique technology to get back all of the lost data in its original format and size.
- It can get data back from all kinds of storage devices, like Flash Drives, Hard Drives, Memory Cards, Digital Cameras, and more.
- Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery can get back more than 1000 different kinds of files and file systems.
Verdict: Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery is a complete program that can get back lost data, and you don’t even need to know much about computers to use it. It is a good tool for recovering lost data because its method has been patented.
Price: You can buy 4DDiG Windows Data Recovery with three different licence types: 1 Month ($45.95), 1 Year ($49.95), or Lifetime ($59.95). You can license 4DDiG Mac Data Recovery for one month for $55.95, for one year for $59.95, or life for $69.95. These prices are for a single item. It comes with a 30-day money-back promise.
#2) Wondershare Recoverit
It is easy to get back lost data from a computer disc, flash drive, SD card, and other storage devices with Recoverit by Wondershare. It gives you a sneak peek before healing.
With Recoverit, all you have to do to get your files back is select them, scan them, and look at their preview. It provides free technical support around the clock, every day of the week.
Amazing Share Recoverit can get back photos, videos, music, emails, and other things that you have deleted. It works with over 1000 different file types. It can get back info from your hard drive, USB, SD card, PC, and more.
The patent technology in Wondershare Recoverit lets it get back videos that have been hidden very well.
- Different types of video files can be fixed with it.
- It can fix more than one movie at the same time.
- It can get back the info on a PC that has crashed.
- Needs a Windows or Mac computer.
Price: There are different price plans for individuals, teams, businesses, students, and teachers on Recoverit. It will cost $139.95 a year for small teams with less than 5 PCs. You can get a quote for a medium to big business. Plans for one person start at $59.95 a year.
You can get your money back from Wondershare Recoverit within seven days. You can also get a free version to get back your info.
Verdict: Wondershare Since 2003, Recoverit has been in business. More than 5 million people use it and trust it. This complete and expert method can get back all of your lost data from a hard drive, a flash drive, an SD card, and other devices.
#3) iBeesoft Data Recovery
Get iBeesoft Data Recovery to see all the files that can be recovered.
iBeesoft data recovery has versions for Windows, Mac, and iPhone that can retrieve files from internal and external hard drives on PCs and Macs, as well as from iPhones.
It doesn’t matter how you lost the files—by deleting them, formatting them, or having the device’s factory restart happen. The data recovery tool can get them back.
- With iBeesoft Free Data Recovery, users can get back up to 2GB of lost files for free.
- iBeesoft data recovery has a very easy-to-use interface that shows all recovered files, even deleted ones and ones that are already there but are hidden.
- You can see videos, photos, papers, and other files before you recover them with data recovery.
- The scanned results can be put into groups based on the direction, time, and type using a filter.
- All common storage media formats and devices are supported, including those used by Macs and PCs.
- Pictures, music, videos, documents, archives, and other kinds of files can be recovered.
Price: iBeesoft has different licensing choices for its data recovery software.
Verdict: iBeesoft is also a robust data recovery tool that can get back deleted files, recover data from unformatted drives, recover data from RAW drives, and more. Anyway, this is excellent software for recovering lost data that will help you find the things you need.
#4) NinjaOne Backup
The best way to back up and recover data quickly and easily.
Even though NinjaOne Backup is best known for its RMM features, it’s also great that it can back up and restore data in a safe, quick, and flexible way.
NinjaOne gives you an IT operations solution that is made to keep your business-critical info safe. It is easy for this adaptable option to back up endpoints and help businesses meet their RTO, cost, and protection needs. Ranked #1 for Endpoint Management in RMM, Patch Management, and User Satisfaction on G2.
You can back up and restore a whole server with this tool. Users can be sure that NinjaOne will get their data back even if a local file is damaged or lost. With NinjaOne, you always have all the tools you need to keep private info safe.
- Back up and restore the whole server
- Full copy of the picture
- End-user file restoration on their own
- Bare metal quick fix
- Back up your documents, files, and folders.
Verdict: NinjaOne can back up all of your essential data safely and flexibly, which will make their quick and easy recovery in the long run. This is one of the best data recovery programs out there: NinjaOne can back up and restore a whole server quickly and easily.
Price: Ask for a Quote
#5) EaseUS Data Recovery
EaseUS Data Recovery can get back files that were deleted by mistake, files that were formatted, files that were damaged by a virus, data that was deleted from the trash, data that was lost after an OS crash, and RAW Partition recovery.
It can get back data from a lot of different devices, like PCs, laptops, hard drives, pen drives, digital cameras, video players, and more.
- It can get back info that was lost in a number of situations.
- It can get back pictures, videos, documents, files, and more.
- It can get back data that was deleted, formatted incorrectly, lost on a partition, crashed or attacked by a virus, and so on.
- It works with over 1000 different types of files, including movies, music, graphics, emails, and more.
- It works with file systems like FAT, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ext2/ext3, HFS+, and ReFS.
System Requirements: You need Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 or later to run this program. RAM: At least 128 MB. You’ll need at least 32 MB of space.
Price: The price of EaseUS is free, and the free version for Windows and On Mac OS, data recovery is limited to 2 GB. It’s available for nothing, $69.95 per month, or $99 per month with Pro+WinPE for Windows OS. Both a free and a Pro version of EaseUS are available for Mac OS, with the latter costing $89.95 per year.
Verdict: EaseUS works with both Windows and Mac OS. It has different screening modes, such as Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It gives you a peek before the final recovery, which can help you avoid recovering things that aren’t needed.
#6) Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery is the best for both individuals and companies. It works with flash drives, memory cards, servers, laptops, cell phones, and other external recording devices. Twenty-four hours a day, five days a week. It comes with software to recover lost data, photos, videos, and even iPhones.
- It can fix videos from a DSLR, a drone, a digital camera, a security camera, or a cell phone.
- You can get back photos, videos, and music files from an SD card, a CF card, a USB stick, or any other type of media.
- It can get back photos, videos, contacts, texts, calendars, and call histories that you have deleted from your iPhone or iPad.
Price: The table below shows the specifics of how much different software plans cost. For licenced goods, it gives you 30 days to get your money back.
Verdict: It’s an easy-to-use option that’s ready for the future. As well it will help you make software that can fix emails, recover data, fix databases, and fix files.
Website: Stellar Data Recovery
#7) FonePaw Data Recovery
FonePaw info Recovery is a powerful retrieval programme compatible with both Windows and Mac. When you accidentally delete a file or suffer data loss due to a hard drive format, this feature can come in handy.
Photos, videos, music files, and even chat history from IM programmes can all be recovered with the help of robust software. The process is straightforward enough that even those with little technical knowledge can recover their deleted files.
- Look at the file before you recover it.
- You can easily find lost files with the Quick Scan and Deep Scan tools.
- There are a lot of options for getting back different kinds of files.
- You can get back data that you lost from computers, flash drives, digital camera memory cards, and other recording devices.
System Requirements: Windows 8.1, 10, 8, 7, Vista, or XP (32-bit or 64-bit) and macOS 10.7 to 10.15 are needed.
Price: Everyone can try FonePaw Data Recover for free. All of these plans cost money for the complete form.
Verdict: It’s easy to get back lost info on a Windows PC, a Mac, an SD card, or a removable hard drive. This software is excellent for getting back data that you deleted by mistake. The useful filter tool will help you quickly find what you lost by accident.
#8) System Mechanic Ultimate Defense
System Mechanic makes it easy to get back lost files on a Windows PC or other digital device, no matter what caused the data loss. System Mechanic gives you all the tools you need to look for and get back lost papers or media files from hard drives, CDs, cameras, flash drives, MP3 players, and more.
It’s possible to look for lost info in a specific place or across the whole system. You can also change the way your search works by picking which drives or files to look at. You can also search at the sector level to find more lost info. If you find the data you lost, all it will take is one click to put it back where it belongs.
- Custom Search to find lost info
- Get info from devices that aren’t working right.
- Get back info from a number of digital drives and devices
- Restoration with one click.
System Requirements: At least Windows XP, 270 MB of free room on your hard drive, and 512 MB of RAM.
Price: $63.94 annual license.
Verdict: System Mechanics can quickly help you get back any text or multimedia file. A lot of digital drives and gadgets work well with it. It will only take one click to fix things. This software is at the top of our list because it can even get data back from a broken gadget.
Website: System Mechanic
Best for backing up and restoring automatically.
Zinstall is software that instantly backs up your whole computer. A device that runs Windows OS and the platform works well together. The platform backs up your files, programs, settings, identity, accounts, passwords, and other things on its own. You don’t have to do anything by hand at all.
You can back up or move your whole computer to a new hard drive or device with just a few clicks. The app lets you save your backup anywhere you want. The programme is cloud-, network-, and local-drive-compatible.
- Automatic backup in every way
- Save copies of your files on local drives, network drives, or in the cloud.
- 24/7 Customer service
- Any Windows machine can use it.
Verdict: Zinstall is a piece of software that can get back almost everything from a dead computer. To use Zinstall, all you have to do is connect your dead drive to your new computer. Your programs, video files, passwords, and emails are all things that it can get back.
Price: There is a one-time fee of $189 for the platform.
Best for getting back lost info on iOS and Windows.
AOMEI provides a comprehensive solution enabling the recovery of data from both iOS and Windows devices. Regardless of the severity of data loss, this solution ensures the retrieval of all your information.
This tool facilitates the recovery of over 200 diverse file types and programs. Whether the data is stored on HDD, SSD, USB drives, SD cards, or other external storage devices, AOMEI’s user-friendly tool allows for a straightforward retrieval process, requiring only a few simple steps to recover any information.
- Get back all kinds of info.
- Bring back the app info.
- All kinds of storage devices can use it.
- All operating systems and popular file systems can use it.
- The AOMEI data recovery tool is quick and easy to use. It can get back info from all kinds of lost situations and works with most file types.
Price: iOS recovery costs $29.95 a year, while Windows restore costs $39.95 a month.
In this piece, we looked at and compared the best data recovery software. Some of the tools—Stellar Data Recovery, Disc Drill, R-Studio, Recuva, EaseUS, and Wise Data Recovery—let you use the tool for free. The programmes PhotoRec and TestDisk work together.
These tools are open-source and free. PhotoRec can get back lost pictures, videos, documents, and more. TestDisk can get back lost files.
You can get PC Inspector File Recovery and Undelete 360 for free. There are both paid and free versions of MiniTool available. It gives you 30 days to get your money back if you prefer to avoid licenced goods. Stellar Data Recovery sells licenced goods that come with a money-back guarantee for 30 days. The goods can also be downloaded for free.