A photo viewer for Windows is a piece of software or an application that lets you look at photos you’ve saved on your computer. The built-in photo viewer in Windows is great, but it doesn’t work with all image formats.
So, if you want to see your pictures, you need a good third-party picture viewer. The most common file types, like BMP, PNG, and JPG, can be opened with these third-party programs. The software can also help rename, copy, delete, and convert images from one file type to another.
Secure your Wi-Fi connections when utilizing tools with the top VPN services, like ExpressVPN. This post will take a look at the ten greatest photo viewer apps that are currently available to download and use.
Best Photo Viewer for Windows 2022
You might be able to see your photos better if you use a good third-party photo viewer. We have several good options.
If you want to find the best photo viewer for Windows 10, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s review this list to find out which software is the best.
Adobe Lightroom is amazing editing software that lets you look at photos. It includes a wide range of image-editing options. It’s very simple to use for beginners because of the way it was built. For example, when you edit an image, you can use tones and color mixers to change how the colors look. You can also make your photos more unique by cropping, adding texture, changing the size, or removing parts.
Compatibility: Mac OS X, Windows 7/8/8.1/10
Price: USD 9.99/month; $19.99/month for the Photography plan with 1TB of storage and 20GB of storage for Lightroom
- It gives you more ways to organize, view, compare, and sort your photos.
- You can choose the best way to look at the photos from several options.
- Makes sure that the information presented is kept private.
- Using advanced functions makes sure that your photos are safe.
- You can brighten photographs using simple techniques.
- Using presets, you may produce images that stand out from the crowd.
- Having the ability to change how colors look
- If you only want to change one picture, it’s easier.
- It’s not easy to learn how to use.
Apowersoft Photo Viewer is free software that works in the cloud. It comes in many different image formats, like BMP, PNG, and JPG. This program also lets you process many pictures at once. The best way to look at photos is with Apowersoft Photo Viewer, thanks to its user-friendly design and powerful features. Before you click on a photograph, this Windows photo viewer shows it to you in the most effective way possible.
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows 10/8/7/XP and Vista are supported.
- You can quickly send photos to other people.
- It lets you look at long images by simply moving your mouse.
- Uses efficient computer technology to let you look around inside an image.
- Take pictures of everything you see on the screen.
- It’s easy to see long photos.
- Offers free storage in the cloud.
- It can also be used to view PDFs.
- Mac devices sometimes have problems.
- Taking screenshots is not possible on a second screen.
Movavi Photo Manager is a Windows software that lets people organize their digital photo collections. It will let you change one or many photos to make them better. You can also flip, crop, rotate, and change the picture size with the program. It works with RAW, JPEG, PNG, and many others. This finds people’s faces in pictures and makes an album for each person.
Compatibility: Windows 10/ 8/ 7
- It finds and removes duplicate photos on your hard drive immediately.
- Viewing photos can be done in full-screen mode.
- It can pick photos that have a similar style to you.
- Check out photo albums made automatically and put in order by the organization.
- Help you save time when you’re organizing photos.
- The colors are changed right away.
- It Shows images in several different formats.
- Only works with Windows.
- There isn’t a mobile version.
Multiple updates have made 123 Photo Viewer the best photo viewer for Windows 10. It has one of the most important animation features for a photo viewer. With the help of 123 Photo Viewer, users can freeze a frame, play and pause it, enlarge it, and save the animation frame as a picture on their phone. It is not necessary for you to move your mouse across the screen in order to enlarge your photographs. You can just click on them.
Compatibility: Windows 8.1, Windows 10 version 17134.0 or above
- Images from your computer’s files and OneDrive can be added and viewed.
- It’s pretty easy to move from one photo to another.
- It has a lot of effects and filters for editing pictures.
- It includes JPEG, PNG, and other important image files.
- Compatibility for people who watch slideshows
- It is possible to convert multiple image formats at once.
- Excellent user interface
- There are sometimes problems.
- It’s possible that it won’t be as effective as it could be.
Microsoft Images is a Windows software that makes it easy to change photos. The app is already on your Windows 10 computer, so you don’t even have to download or install it. You can use this program to see pictures of places, people, things, and more. You can also use this photo viewer to make your gallery. Because it was designed with the user in mind, utilizing it is a piece of cake. It also puts all of your movies and photos into a timeline that you can scroll through.
Compatibility: Windows 8/ 8.1/ 10/ 11
- You can make photos smaller to make scrolling faster.
- Photos can be cropped, turned, and their colours and lighting can be changed.
- It lets you fix photos and eliminate red eyes and other flaws.
- You can look at your photos and albums on all of your devices.
- This software automatically puts photos in a timeline.
- It lets you put pictures on it.
- It is now easier to use and looks better.
- There are sometimes problems with performance.
- There are no panoramic views.
Nomacs is a great free picture viewer that can open many different file types. Works properly on Windows 10 and doesn’t take up a lot of space. We think you should use this best photo viewer for Windows 10 because it is free and has no ads. It also works with strange file types. Also, RAW and PSD files can be opened with the Nomacs photo viewer.
Compatibility: Windows 10, Linux, Mac
- Images in zipping or MS Office files can be sent anywhere.
- It has a “File Explorer” window that lets users move between directories.
- You can add notes to the image.
- Within the directory, you can use filters.
- An app that is free and easy to use
- There are no ads shown.
- RAW and PSD files can be opened
- The user interface is hard to understand.
- It does not have the latest animations and graphics.
IrfanView is a well-known software for viewing photos. It is named after the person who made it. It’s been out for a while and works very well on Windows 10. Because it is small and easy to use, it can help you see and manage all of the pictures on the system. The software also has simple tools that can help you organize your photos. It works with more than one language. Using the Thumbnails for the PC program, you can look at photos.
Compatibility: All Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, and 11 versions can coexist.
Price: Free; $12 on Perpetual License
- This JPG viewer can pull text from images and put it in a format that can be changed.
- Change all of the pictures at once from one format to another.
- The slideshow can be saved as either an SCR or an EXE file.
- It grants you the capability of adding a watermark to the image.
- Any picture can be cut or trimmed.
- There are several steps that can be undone.
- In a directory view, images are shown.
- It would appear that the user interface was developed quite a few years ago.
- Some tools are missing, such as effects and filters.
8. Image Glass
ImageGlass is a simple and small software for viewing photos. This is a flexible tool that works with all versions of Windows. This program is the best because it can handle up to 70 file types. Since it is an open-source picture viewer, you can use it for many different things. Image lag is rarely a problem with the most recent version of ImageGlass. It could go from one picture to the next in seconds.
Compatibility: Windows 10
- Being able to open a picture from the clipboard right away.
- Quickly move from one photo to the next.
- It is possible to view images by dragging and dropping them.
- Change the picture you see in real-time.
- Easy to change.
- Easy to move and light
- There are more than 70 picture formats that can be used.
- Don’t offer basic editing or retouching.
- No help for PNG files that move.
FastStone Picture Viewer works with many different kinds of image files. This app lets you look at photos differently, like on a full screen, as thumbnails, etc. Because of its intuitive user design, navigating and using the app is quick and simple. There are some fascinating features, such as a magnifier that can display in high definition and a musical slideshow with exquisite touches. It also enables you to enhance the appearance of your photographs by applying various unique effects to them.
Compatibility: Windows 7/ 8/ 10/ 11
Price: FastStone Image Viewer- $34.95; FastStone Capture- $19.95; FastStone MaxView- $19.95
- It has transitional effects, like slideshows, built in.
- In addition to its many other applications, it can be used to view, edit, and organize images.
- It also works with a lot of different graphic formats.
- So, you can improve the quality of how your images look.
- The instrument may be used quickly and with little effort.
- Several levels of redo and undo functionality
- Image magnifier that can be changed
- Do not filter via EXIF data.
- For business use, you can’t use the free version.
HoneyView is one of the best free Windows photo viewers that works on Windows. It is a good picture viewer that has several important features. Changing the size and format of a group of photos simultaneously is one of the most useful features. It also has several image files, such as BMP, JPG, and PNG, which are common. This utility can also be used on the go, which makes it a useful alternative.
Compatibility: Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10
- HoneyView lets you look at animations and look through zipped images without having to first extract them.
- With its help, you can view file types like BMP, GIF, JPG, J2K, JXR, JP3, PSD, PNG, TIFF, TGA, DDS, DNG, PNM, PCX, ZIP, and RAR.
- The software works with TAR, LZH, ALZ, HV3, 7Z, and other similar formats for people who like to read comic books.
- It is easy to use and doesn’t cost anything.
- Batch processing and the making of slideshows
- Different types of picture file formats can be used.
- PG files are not shown.
- Not easy to use.
There are too many options for choosing the best photo viewer for Windows 10. Every photo viewer has a special feature that makes it useful and gives the user a full experience. You could try Adobe Lightroom, which lets you organize, browse, compare, and put your photos into different groups. Pick the picture viewer that fits your needs and wants the best.