You don’t have to open your photo editor if you want to post photos on Facebook but aren’t happy with how they look. When you choose an image to share on Facebook, you can immediately make some simple changes to it.
The function to edit images first appeared in the Facebook mobile app for iOS, but it is now available to everyone on this social network. Photos can be cropped, given artistic filters, and given labels or stickers. This guide explains how to edit a Facebook photo.
How To Edit Photo On Facebook Before Posting
If you want to post the photo quickly, but you’re not happy with its quality, follow these steps:
- Log in to Facebook.
- Click “Update Status” at the top of the screen and add a photo by clicking on the camera icon, choosing the photo from your computer, and clicking “Open.”
- Before you post a new photo on Facebook, move the mouse cursor over the image’s thumbnail. You will see a brush-shaped icon.
- When you click on it, the built-in photo editor will open. Its interface is set up with tabs, and you can use the different tools when you switch between them.
- “Filters” means to use an image from one of the art filters that are done automatically. This function doesn’t exist, so there are no fine manual settings.
- “Tag” lets you choose friends to put in the picture.
- “Crop” cuts the picture. You can choose any size, square or rectangular shape. There is also a button that turns.
- “Text” lets you put your text on the image. The mouse button makes it easy to change the text’s size, color, and location. You can choose from among the five fonts.
- “Stickers” opens a panel with dozens of stickers that can be used to add to the stickers that come with the program. You can put any of them on the picture and change the size and placement to suit your needs.
Of course, you can’t compare this Facebook feature to what a professional photo editor can do. But it makes it easy to change the photo and share it quickly. This editor is good enough for most people to use.